Full List of First Friday Offerings in South Bethlehem
South Bethlehem will come to life this Friday, September 1 for First Friday. With 13 live music performances for the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series, special deals from merchants, and unique restaurant specials, the evening is sure to be one the Lehigh Valley won’t soon forget.
Here’s where you can join us this First Friday to be a part of the new, fresh monthly celebration of culture, music, and art:
23 East Window
Featuring Katie Hovencamp, Parochial Collar Series. The exhibit features iron and bronze sculpture, and illustrations that explore the female identify in today’s society.
FREE TOTE with purchase this September! Two full size products and get a FREE Tote – Valued at $30 dollars! While Supplies Last!
- Artist Talk by Resident Artist Virginia Abbott – 6:30 p.m., Crayola Gallery. “When people see my work, I hope they are moved by the subject matter. But it is just as important that they discover how intricate, beautiful, and sturdy sculpture made from recycled materials can be. I create cast paper sculpture entirely from post-consumer pulp which is pressed into molds made from my original art. It’s my small way of keeping the earth green by producing green art. Who knows, if more of us thought about ways of turning garbage into gold, waste into wonder, trash into treasure, it might not be such a bad thing. Mother Nature would certainly approve.”
- Artist Talk by Katie Hovencamp – 7:30 p.m., Banko Gallery. Katie Hovencamp began her professional studies at the Baum School of Art in Allentown, PA and received her BFA from Arizona State University in 2009 and her MFA from the Pennsylvania State University in 2014. Hovencamp has exhibited her work in numerous exhibitions within the United States, The United Kingdom, and Latvia. She is currently a member of the Artist Collective.
- Hot Glass Demonstration – 7:00 p.m., Hot Glass Studio
- BASD Welcome Night-Meet & Greet with ArtSmart Teachers – First Floor of Banana Factory. ArtsQuest welcomes teachers, students, and parents to the Banana Factory to find out more about our ArtSmart & Holy Infancy Program! This program (formerly BSmart) offers FREE afterschool arts, writing, and comedy classes to BSAD students. Come out to meet and greet several teaching artists for the upcoming fall semester and learn about what classes we have to offer! All are welcome to partake in other First Friday activities, including FREE crafts, visiting resident artist studios, and hot glass demonstrations.
- FREE Children’s Craft Activity with Teaching Artist Natalie Hartman– Visual Arts Classroom. Kids Banana Factory Scavenger Hunt. Kids can bring completed scavenger hunt to the Banana Factory front desk for a special prize!
- Exhibitions – BF Resident Artists’ Annual Exhibition – Crayola Gallery, Revisions, Silk Paintings by Emily Erb – Banko Gallery, ArtsQuest Staff and Teaching Artists – Hallway to the Arts
Bethlehem Food Co-Op SouthSide Stroll – 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., FREE – 3 Stops on 3rd Street including: Edible Arrangements for chocolate-dipped strawberry tastings, Color Me Mine for a gallery opening, live music and refreshments, and LIT for locally roasted coffee. First 5 to Join the Co-Op Receive: a pair of mugs & coasters w/ coupon for studio fees from Color Me Mine, Six Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries from Edible Arrangements and a $15 Gift Card to LIT. RSVP ONLINE: BethlehemFood.CoOp/September_SouthSide_Stroll
Bonn Place Brewing –Happy Hour is EVERYDAY from 4:07 p.m.-5:33 p.m., and on Fridays We EXTEND that from 3:00 p.m. until 5:33 p.m. for Educational/Medical professionals, i.e. Nurses and Teachers. All they have to do is show valid id from their place of employment and prove they work at a school or medical thingy. 5 p.m. Live Performance from Cubbage as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series.
The Bookstore Speakeasy – Live Jazz from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. with the Red Hot Gamblers.
Café the Lodge – Friday Night Cuban Sandwich Special, $5.50 from 5:30-8 p.m.
Color Me Mine – Cobalt Gallery opening with works from local artists ranging from photography to paintings to jewelry. Join us as one of the stops of the Bethlehem Food Co-Op SouthSide Stroll. Live performance at 6 p.m. featuring Zach Russack, and 7:30 p.m. featuring Neil Grover as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series.
The Comfort Suites – 6 p.m. Performance from The Bryan Tuk Complex as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series.
Fox Optical – “Variations on the Square”. Mixed media by Francis Beaty. A First Friday reception for the artist will be held from 7-10 p.m.
General Zapata – FREE DESSERT with any combination platter!
Godfrey Daniels – Live Performances from Not for Coltrane and The Beautiful Distortion as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground Concert Series. Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts – FREE Opening Reception for Matt Halm’s Exhibition of Mural Work entitled: Painting the Town, on Friday, September 1, 2017 from 6-9 p.m. in our Corpora Gallery
LIT Roastery & Bakeshop – 5:30 p.m. Live Performance from Kayla Avitabile as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series.
Molinari’s – Live performances from Jordyn Kenzie and Kara Hartzell as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series. Concert starts at 5:30 p.m.
Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – FREE APPETIZERS AT THE BAR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST (5 p.m-7 p.m.). 6 p.m. Live Performance from Brian Kibler as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series.
Social Still – Artwork displayed by local artist Joseph Babos and Beth Brader.
SouthSide 313 Bar and Grille – 3 p.m.-6 p.m. Happy Hour! ½ Price Small Plates, $4 Craft Beer Drafts, $3 Domestic Drafts, $4 House Wine, $6 Premium Wines, and $6 Signature Cocktails. Live performances at 5:30 p.m. from Roi and the Secret People, and 9 p.m. from The Groove Merchants as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series.
SouthSide Innovation Makers Market – 5 p.m.–8 p.m. at the Flatiron Building at 301 Broadway. Featuring: Donna Winget of HypnoStones showcasing Gems, Minerals and Jewelry, Lisa Little of SunnyGirl’s Pottery showcasing Handmade functional pottery, Jayne Stevens of Jayne’s Paper Crafts & Photographs showcasing Framed Photography and note cards, and Patricia Squire of Soul Tree showcasing Tree of Life pendants, ornaments and suncatchers.
Zoellner Arts Center – 5:30 p.m. Live Performance from Julia Sommer as part of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series.
Join the fun in South Bethlehem all Friday afternoon and evening, and make sure you keep it tuned here on LVU and visit us on Facebook for up-to-the-minute coverage of the Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series.