The Beautiful Distortion Accepted into Music Under New York Program
Bethlehem-based rock band The Beautiful Distortion is one of 60 acts that received a call-back to audition for the “Music Under New York” (MTA MUSIC) program in May. MTA MUSIC provides more than 7,500 performances each year at approximately 30 locations throughout the New York City subway system. Every spring, MTA MUSIC presents a day of invite-only auditions in Manhattan to review and add new performers to their official roster.
Karen and Amy Jones, two of The Beautiful Distortion’s vocalists and songwriters, traveled to New York City on May 15 to represent the band. They auditioned in front of a panel of professionals, including representatives from the music industry, at a public performance inside Grand Central Station. This week, the band received notice that they were accepted into the program as an official MTA MUSIC performer.
The band was also invited to perform on August 8 in Richard Tucker Park as part of the city’s annual summer concert series. The concert is a joint project between MTA MUSIC and the Lincoln Square Business Improvement District.
You can catch The Beautiful Distortion at live performances in and around the Lehigh Valley this sring and summer (full schedule at thebeautifuldistortion.com). Upcoming shows include:
- June 30 – Red Mill Fest (Clinton, NJ)
- July 20 – Chicago Restaurant/Club Gravity w/ EDEN (Allentown, PA)
- July 22 – opening for Tantric at Stanhope House (Stanhope, NJ)
- August 4 – Martin Guitar’s Martin on Main Festival (Nazareth, PA)
- August 25 – Dave & Buster’s Dockside (Philadelphia, PA)
- September 7 – Lehigh Valley Underground First Friday Concert Series One-Year Anniversary (Bethlehem, PA)