Full List of SouthSide Arts District’s September First Friday Offerings
September 7 marks the one-year anniversary of the SouthSide Arts District’s partnership with Lehigh Valley Underground! This past year, LVU has been dedicated to curating a fresh, hip concert series, delivering homegrown musicians of every genre, creating a unique and inclusive music scene throughout the SouthSide Arts District.
To celebrate, we are awarding one lucky winner the coveted Martin Road Series DRSG Acoustic Guitar from our First Friday sponsor CF Martin Guitar & Company! Visit southsideartsdistrict.com to enter to win every day until 7 p.m. on September 7. The winner must be present at the Banko Beverage Co. Beer Garden (Mechanic & Webster St.) to win.
This month, we welcome the Comfort Suites of Bethlehem as our Beer Garden sponsor, – serving up a variety of tasty dinner specials and cold brews! Be sure to stop by to hear the sounds of WZZO Backyard Bands winner The Beautiful Distortion at 6 p.m., stay for our guitar giveaway, and enjoy Lehigh Valley Music Award winner for Best Original Band Eighteenth Hour at 7:30 p.m.
Saunter down 3rd & 4th Streets and enjoy a fresh new line-up of specials and music. Don’t forget to park at the brand-new New Street Parking Garage with more than 600 open spots, located at 324 S. New Street:
- Comfort Suites & The Hill to Hill Grille – (120 W. Third Street) – 6pm performance from folk artist Alex Obeid.
- Molly’s Irish Grille & Sports Pub – (Fourth & New Streets) – 6pm performance from rocker Brian Kibler.
- The Banana Factory – (25 W. Third Street) – 6:30pm performance from acoustic rock artist Payton Renee.
- Domaci – (21 E. Third Street) – 7pm performance from acoustic guitarist Darin Jellison.
- The Funhouse – (5 E. Fourth Street) – 7pm performance from jazz funk duo Jazz Hands featuring Josh Klein and Jack Kelly.
- Color Me Mine – (25 E. Third Street) – 10pm the NEW 610 Underground Electronic Dance Party.
Other First Friday happenings and specials include:
- A-List Salon – (128 W. 4th Street) – Hello, Good Buy! Stop in, shop around and take advantage of our Back to School savings on all hair care and Styling Must haves! ……Buy 2 get 1 Free!
- The Banana Factory – (25 W. Third Street #300)
- Get Creative with Local Authors! 6PM-9PM, Digital Classroom
- Hot Glass Demonstration – 7:00pm, Hot Glass Studio
- FREE Craft, Mini Leather-Bound Journals with Teaching Artist Natalie Hartman- 6PM-8PM, Visual Arts Classroom
- FREE Kid Art Scavenger Hunt- 6PM-8PM, Visual Arts Classroom. Kids who turn in completed scavenger hunts to front desk get a special prize!
- Andrew Catanese Artist Talk, 6:30PM, Banko Gallery
- Banko Gallery- Andrew Catanese, The Good Men of Hell
- Hallway to the Arts- Staff & Teaching Artist Show
- Crayola Gallery- Banana Factory Resident Artist Exhibition
- Vendors/Community Partners:
- Kat MatLou Crafts (https://www.etsy.com/shop/MatLouCraft )
- Bonn Place Brewing – (310-14 Taylor Street) – First Friday HAPPY HOUR is from 4:07pm-5:33pm and begins at 3pm for Medical and Educational Professionals, with valid ID.
- The Bookstore Speakeasy – (336 Adams Street) – $2 Off Seasonal Cocktails! Welcome back Lehigh Students! No Band Cover with School ID! (21 & over after 9:00)
- Café the Lodge – (427 E. Fourth Street) – Join us for our open house Art Exhibit, featuring the art work of local artist Tammy Gangawere.
- Color Me Mine – (25 E. Third Street) – 20% Off all Beer Steins & Wine Glasses!
- Domaci – (21 E. Third Street) – First Friday music performance from Darin Jellison, Dining Room Sale is in Full Effect! Enjoy 20% off almost all dining furniture!! Open until 9am with complimentary beer samples!
- Eva’s Bargain Boutique – (412 E. Fourth Street) – 20% off Any Single Item in the shop! Open from 10am – 8pm.
- EZ Money – (20 W. Fourth Street) – 15 % off Laptops for Back to School!
- Fox Optical & Gallery – (28 E. Third Street) – Enjoy our exhibit: “Acrylic Midnight: Night Works” by Emily Bell. Acrylic Midnight is a collection of acrylic paintings, featuring animals and mystical creatures in curious surroundings, playfully rendered in bold colors. A reception for the artist will be held on First Fridays 09/07/2018 and 10/05/2018 from 6-9 pm.
- General Zapata – (15 E. 4th Street) – 1 FREE appetizer per table with the purchase of any combination platter.
- Greek Meat Guy – (129 E. Third Street) – Happy First Friday! Live Drummer! Free Sangria Samples & 2 Belly Dancers! Opa!
- Piercings By Angi – (407 E. Fourth Street) – First Friday Special – $13 Body Piercings or $30 Nipple Piercings. Get that piercing you’ve always wanted!
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem – (77 Sands Blvd.) – Live performance from Weird Science with DJ MC Tom Taylor! Show begins at 7:30pm! Special Welcome to Bethlehem Area High School Reunions! Welcome Bethlehem Catholic, Freedom High School and Liberty High School!
- Social Still – (530 E. Third Street) – One complimentary spirit sample, and 15% off of any bottle purchase from 4pm – 8pm.
- SouthSide 313 Bar & Grille – (313 E. Third Street) – First Friday Happy Hour specials from 3pm – 6pm – half price small plates, $4 craft drafts, $3 domestic drafts, $4 house wines, $6 premium wines, and $6 feature cocktails. Live music from Resting Punk Face from 9pm – 12pm.
- Steel Fitness Riverport – (15 W. Second Street) – First Friday Deal – 1 Month Free with any NEW 1-year membership!!
Special thank you to our First Friday sponsors CF Martin Guitar, Comfort Suites Bethlehem, as well as our community partners SouthSide Arts District and Banko Beverage Co.!
For more information, please visit southsideartsdistrict.com.